Chief Executive Officer
- William “Bill” Caesar is the Chief Executive Officer for WCA and has over fifteen years experience executing operational and strategic performance in multiple industries.
- Bill joined WCA after serving as President of WM Recycling and the WM Organic Growth Group, where he developed the industry-leading recyclable materials business for Waste Management and led its strategic technology and services investments.
- Prior to holding those positions, Bill served as Chief Strategy Officer for Waste Management.
- Bill was a principal in the Atlanta Office of McKinsey & Company, the world’s leading management consulting firm. During his 13-year tenure at McKinsey, Bill advised clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including waste management, on corporate strategy, growth initiatives, performance improvement and sales strategies.
- Bill holds a bachelor of arts degree from Colgate University, a masters’ degree from Georgetown University, and an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, where he was awarded a Keller Scholar Fellowship and graduated as a Fuqua Scholar.
Chief Financial Officer
- Dianna Cervantes is the Chief Financial Officer for WCA and provides leadership for the accounting, financial planning, treasury and risk management operations of our company.
- Dianna has more than 16 years of financial leadership experience, including over ten years in the waste industry, where she has served as a business partner to operational leaders and led teams responsible for accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, performance analysis, and capital investment management.
- Prior to joining WCA, Dianna served as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer with Rockwater Energy Solutions in Houston, Texas, where she led more than 40 accountants, managed the external audit and proved to be a leader who was skilled at identifying and executing upon SG&A cost reduction opportunities.
- She is a Certified Public Accountant, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Hawaii.
Senior Vice President – Operations
- Matt has over ten years experience in the solid waste management industry where he has successfully implemented and supervised performance programs for employees to deliver outstanding operations and customer service.
- Prior to joining WCA, he served as General Manager of Landfill and Hauling Operations for Republic Services, where he was responsible for profit and loss as well as all departments within the business unit.
- He has served in multiple roles for Waste Management, including Senior District Manager, Area Safety Manager, and Route Manager.
- Matt holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of South Carolina.
Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- Mike is the Senior Vice President – General Counsel of WCA, a position he has held since joining WCA in December 2007. In such capacity, he has primary responsibility over all of WCA legal affairs and leads the Human Resources/Benefits/Risk Management department.
- Mike also serves as Secretary of WCA and Vice President and Secretary of WCA’s subsidiaries.
- Mike was formerly Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Sterling Bank and Charter Bank, Houston-based public bank holding companies.
- Mike was a corporate securities and M&A attorney with two Houston law firms prior to joining Charter Bank, at which time he was the youngest General Counsel of a public financial services company.
- In his 15 plus years as general counsel of three public companies, Mike has handled over 40 acquisitions, 10 capital financings and a myriad of other transactional matters.
- Mike also was the founder and CEO of Independence Bank, N.A., a start-up Houston community bank.
- Mike received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Houston Law Center and holds a Bachelor of Arts from Northwestern University.
Vice President – Region 1
- Al is the Region Vice President of WCA Waste Corporation’s Region 1 including Kansas and Missouri, with15 years of solid waste industry experience.
- Prior to joining WCA, Al served as Director of Operations for Republic Services where he spearheaded significant restructurings, lead market expansions and created numerous cost effective programs.
- He is a hands-on, bilingual, and value-based decision maker, congruent with company goals, with the interest of the organization/employee relationship at the forefront.
- Al attended Florida International University in Miami, Florida, and has a BBA in Finance and International Business. He also has an MBA from Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Vice President – Region 2
- Matt is the Vice President of WCA Waste Corporation’s Texas Region and has over 21 years of experience in the solid waste management industry.
- Matt joined WCA in 2000 as Regional Controller and from 2004 until the purchase by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners II in 2012 served as Integration Controller. In 2013, Matttransitioned into an operational role for WCA to handle its growth mode.
- During his tenure at WCA, Matt has worked on financial and operational integration on over 40 acquisition transactions.
- Prior to joining WCA, Matt served in various controllership roles in the solid waste management industry in Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.
- Matt holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from the University of Houston-Downtown and a Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement/Police Science from Sam Houston State University.
Vice President – Region 3
- Bob is Regional Vice President of WCA Waste Corporation’s Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Tennessee Region with over 10 years in the solid waste management industry.
- Prior to joining WCA, Bob served as Regional Vice President of Emerald Waste Services and as Area Manager for Waste Management.
- Before starting his career in the solid waste industry, Bob brought 16 years of experience with FedEx, holding a variety of positions in logistics, customer service, and operations.
- Bob attended the University of Utah and the College of Great Falls with a focus on Business Administration.
Vice President – Business Development
- Michael Schmidt serves as WCA’s Vice President of Business Development. Prior to joining WCA, Michael spent the last 14 years at Comerica Bank in Detroit, Michigan where, he built a career by expanding his business and strategic thinking skills through positions that included client relationship manager and senior credit officer, and was instrumental in the formation of Comerica’s Environmental Service Department.
- During his tenure in the environmental services space, Michael worked with numerous clients and applied an advisory-based approach to customer relationships, while underwriting and consulting on more than 100 acquisitions, including tuck-ins by strategic waste companies, as well as large platform acquisitions by private equity firms.
- As a senior credit officer, Michael put his underwriting and acute business acumen skills to work, analyzing the financial performance and credit worthiness of environmental and middle market clientele for Comerica.
- Michael holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Michigan-Dearborn, with a major in Finance. He is also a Certified Financial Risk Manager.
Vice President – Environmental Health and Safety
- Robert Bartee is the Vice President of Environmental Health and Safety. He joined WCA in October of 2001 as the Director of Safety.
- Robert also held various Environmental, Safety, and Health positions with Browning-Ferris Industries in Texas and Louisiana.
- From October of 1999 until September 2001, he was the Division Safety Manager for Waste Management in Fort Worth, TX.
- Robert is a Certified Safety Professional and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
- He has over 18 years of experience in the solid waste management industry.
Vice President – Landfill Operations & Engineering
Marcos has worked in the solid waste industry for over 24 years and has worked in the design, permitting, construction and operation of landfills, transfer stations, and recycling facilities. He has lasting experience in P&L management, implementation of post-collection business growth plans, oversight, and management of capital investment for projects and infrastructure development.
Marcos specializes in all aspects of planning, development, and operation for solid waste facilities with an emphasis on optimization of operations, landfill footprints and the implementation of new technology for designs such as alternate final covers, liners, and leachate management systems. He has extensive experience in the evaluation of post-collection acquisitions by performing environmental due diligence and financial pro forma reviews.
Marcos has worked on projects and operations for post-collection facilities in the United States, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. Prior to joining WCA, Marcos worked for Republic Services, Waste Management and SCS Engineers in different roles such as Region Director of Engineering, Projects Director, Area Engineer, General Manager, District Manager for Landfill Operations.
Marcos has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and completed major coursework towards a Masters in Management from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
Vice President – Information Systems
- Antonio Marin is the Vice President of Information Systems.
- His career spans more than 20 years in IT with experience in strategic planning, business alignment, mergers and acquisitions, operations excellence, software development and project management.
- Prior to joining WCA, Antonio held several C-level leadership roles in a variety of industries including oil & gas, retail energy, logistics, commercial software, and engineering procurement construction companies.
- He has extensive experience managing global teams, including overseas assignments in Chile and Brazil.
- Antonio holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, an MBA in Global Management and is a certified project management professional.
Vice President – Human Resources
- Carrie Miller is the Vice President – Human Resources for WCA and provides leadership to WCA’s commitment to delivering innovative benefits, opportunities, and solutions to our valued employees.
- Carrie has over 15 years of HR management expertise including strategic planning, talent attraction and retention, training and development, policy administration, legal compliance, and employee relations.
- Prior to joining WCA, Carrie served as the Senior Director of Human Resources for Key Energy Services in Houston, Texas, where she directed duties for more than 20 HR Directors, Managers, Recruiters, and support staff.
- Carrie served as the Human Resource lead for three acquisitions.
- She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and Psychology from Alaska Pacific University.
Vice President – Finance
- Jeannette Clark is the Vice President of Finance for WCA, and brings 30 years of finance and accounting experience to us.
- Prior to joining our team, Jeannette was the Controller of the Americas Region at Intertek, a global group of testing laboratories for textile, footwear, toy, petroleum, and chemical industries.
- She also brings expertise in auditing, repatriated general ledger activities, profit sharing conversion, divestiture, tax solution, and cash flow modeling and management.
- Jeannette has more than seven years of waste industry knowledge, having worked with PSC, where she served as the Director of Finance & Accounting.
- She is a Certified Public Accountant, and holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston.
Waste Corporate of America (WCA) proudly serves customers, at home, at work, and in an array of commercial industries, by efficiently collecting, transferring, processing, and disposing of waste. For nearly two decades, WCA has been known for outstanding customer service, and owns one of the best safety records in the industry. As a vertically integrated company, WCA leverages technology to deliver exceptional environmental services for each and every client.
WCA is a diverse business, operating in the context of unique cultures and climates. WCA prides itself on a decentralized structure and the experienced ability to understand local needs and provide personalized services. WCA is comprised of an experienced, knowledgeable, and caring team of more than 1,400 customer service driven employees and a fleet of over 850 vehicles. WCA was founded on community-centric principles, which are paramount in delivering eco-friendly and comprehensive sustainable solutions through well-trained experts at every level. Personalized and localized operations focus on safety-first methods, with a devotedness to customer needs and environmental stewardship. Communities trust WCA because of responsive environmental services leadership.
WCA encompasses the highest environmental and ethical standards. The WCA management team is committed to the sustained creation of a company and community culture in which employees understand and respect the value of protecting the environment and implementing new initiatives, such as compressed natural gas fueled trucks, to reduce the company’s carbon footprint. WCA consistently gives back to communities in which we serve and live, and remains instrumental in recovery and community assistance following natural disasters and major storms.
After being publicly listed since 2004, WCA became a privately held company in 2012 by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners II (MIP II), an unlisted infrastructure fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), a division of the Macquarie Group. MIP II is focused on investments in the U.S. and Canada and is managed by MIRA professionals based in New York. Today, WCA is led by a veteran group of industry experts with a combined 100 plus years of waste and environmental sector experience. Collectively, this team has managed divisions of publicly traded entities, private equity-backed consolidators, and privately held family operations. WCA has drive, experience, and the financial resources to become the leader in all markets served, while providing safe and reliable customer service at the best price.